Moral and Civic Education Team
- To help students seeking a balance between self needs and social needs through understanding self needs, others' needs and social needs.
- To nurture in the five priority values to the students: perseverance, respecting others, responsibility, national identity and commitment.
- To develop students' critical thinking and problem-solving skills, especially in social and political issues.
Themes of Each Form
Themes were arranged for each form so that students could participate in various activities and learn the corresponding theme. We hope that students can achieve respect, care, self-discipline, self-discipline, integrity, responsibility, perseverance and resilience throughout their secondary school life.
|Integrity||Responsibility||Perseverance & Resilience|
Activities held in 2019-2020
Caring & Courtesy Days –
Street Children Experience Workshop by World Vision
“International Day for the Eradication of Poverty” Signature Campaign
Students’ Top Ten News Election
ICAC Poster Exhibition
Morning Assembly Sharing on Positive Value
Activities held in 2020-2021
Basic Law Education – Rule of Law Workshop
Guest Lecture by Member of CPPCC
National Security Education Day Campaign
ICAC Interactive Drama via Zoom
Activities proposed in 2021-2022
- Merit Award Scheme
- PSE lessons
- Inter-House Competition on Promoting Positive Values
- Morning assembly sharing
- Pledge Day
- Civic Forum
- Life Education exhibition and game booths
- Supporting charity exhibition and game booths
- Election of ten important news in Hong Kong
- Lunchtime Extended Activities on Positive Values
- Publication of the periodical – “The Firewood” (薪火)
Merit Award Scheme
- To encourage students to attain all-round developments in the domains of ethics, intellect, physique, social skills and aesthetics.
- To recognise students who perform well in the domains of ethics, intellect, physique, social skills and aesthetics.
- To enhance the positive energy of students, and to promote positive school ethos.
Merit points will be given to students who perform well in either one of the domains of ethics, intellect, physique, social skills and aesthetics. All merit points will be counted at the end of the academic year. Depending on the number of merit points, different levels of Merit Award will be granted based on the calculation shown below.
|Award||Number of merit points|
|Merit Award (Bronze)||80 - 119|
|Merit Award (Silver)||120 - 159|
|Merit Award (Gold)||>=160|
[2007 - 2008]
[2008 - 2009]
[2009 - 2010]
[2010 - 2011]